BeatMaker 2 supports iTunes file sharing to let you transfer files in and out BeatMaker 2 by connecting your device to your computer
You can transfer any kind of files recognized by BeatMaker 2 such as:
- Samples (WAV, AIFF)
- BeatMaker 1 & 2 project (*.bm/*.bms, *.bm2)
- BeatMaker 1 & 2 preset and kits (*.bmk, *.bmkz, *.bmk2)
- MIDI files
- BeatMaker 2 MIDI configuration templates (*.bmt)
iTunes file sharing does not support transferring of directories, but, as an alternative, you can upload
a ZIP file that BeatMaker 2 will uncompress automatically.
Uploading files to BeatMaker 2 from your computer
To add new files to BeatMaker 2, follow these steps:
- Launch iTunes on your computer. If you don't have it you can download it here
- Connect your device with an USB cable to your computer. iTunes will recognized it.
- Select your device in the left list in iTunes. Click the "Apps" tab on top of the window, and scroll down to find the "File Sharing" section:
- Open a browser window on your computer and locate the files you want to transfer. Then, simply drag them in the "BeatMaker 2 Documents" box. Wait for transfer(s) to complete.
- Launch BeatMaker 2, press the Sharing icon (small computer and device icon) on the studio pop-up, then select "iTunes SHARING":
- You can create and/or select a directory to receive the files. By default, BeatMaker 2 will import them in My Content > iTunes Imports
- Press the "IMPORT" button and wait for completion
Download/Backup BeatMaker 2 content to your computer
You can also retrieve all the content of your "My Content" directory back to your computer, for backup purposes.
To do so, just select the "user" directory you see in the "BeatMaker 2 Documents" box in iTunes and click the "Save To..." button on the bottom