You can record audio directly onto the song sequencer timeline. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Song Sequencer
- Press the “+” button at the bottom of the track list to add a new audio track (or select an existing audio track from the list):
- Tap and hold the track name to display the track menu
- Choose “Audio input”, and select the input you want to record from (for example, if you want to record from your iPad microphone, choose “HARDWARE INPUT” and then “iPad Micro”
- Arm the recording by pressing the record icon next to your track name. The song sequencer will only record tracks which have been previously armed.
- Press the record icon from the Transport toolbar to start the recording
- Press stop from the Transport at any time to finish your recording. Your audio recording has been added as a new pattern on your audio track. Make sure to unarm your audio track if you do not want to further record to it.