From within the Plugin Control View:
- Tap the Pattern preview located at the top-left corner of BeatMaker to display the pattern menu
- Tap the “+” icon at the bottom to create a new pattern. You can also change the pattern duration by tapping the 3-dots icon located next to its name within the pattern list.
- Close the pattern list by tapping again on the Pattern preview
- Arm recording mode by pressing the REC button from the transport toolbar
- Wait for the record countdown to end, and play notes using the virtual keyboard
- Unarm recording by pressing the REC button again: a new pattern controlling your external plugin or app is now ready to be used within the sequencer.